New York publicises the ride

New York publicises the ride

Thursday 15 May 2014

Day 10

Day 10,

After a night on the hostel where we all had to do cooking and stuff I am feeling quite domesticated ( don't worry Netty, I'm sure I'll be back to normal as soon as I get home) . Bacon roll for breakfast and we set off together along the road to Fort Augustus and then up the side of Loch Ness to Drumnadrochit for morning break. Just beside castle Urquhart Castle I noticed my gears slipping and jumping a bit. At break I had a look but couldn't see anything. I cleaned the gears a bit and it looked ok. We then set off towards Beauly and up a step 15 % hill, after about 100 yards the chain broke and I had to call for rescue.( that's why I like supported trips). I told others to go on and eventually I got chain changed and began up the steep climb again. There was then a long fast decent towards Beauly and a bit of a drag up to Dingwall for lunch. 51 miles in at lunch and only 27 to go to Tain.  The road to Tain started with another long hill and my catch up exploits in the morning were taking their toll. As we reached. Tain there was a stiff tail wind which meant a big tight group speeding along at 28 mph. By the time we reached the hotel the others were buzzing as few had experienced riding in a fast group like that.  Early back in Tain at the Royal hotel ( 2 nd floor with no lift and a back that weighs at least four tonnes is not fun). I'm off for a showers and a wander round the town, last big day tomorrow.    Day 10 Strava stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment